- USDA Food Update
- USDA Food Delivery Information
- USDA Food Information Sheets
- "Best if Used By" Guidance
- Processing Information for 2014-2015
- Cost Analysis and Nutritional Information by Vendor
- Cargill Kitchen Solutions (Sunny Fresh)
- 40082 WG French Toast Sticks
- 40174 Frittata with Cheese
- 40184 Turkey Sausage and Cheese Skillet Frittata
- 40635 Scrambled Egg Patties
- 40710 Grilled Egg Patties
- 40827 Pre Cooked Scrambled Eggs
- Pilgrim's Pride
- Asian Food Solutions
- Monthly USDA Food Ordering Availability
**Note: The availability of USDA foods is an estimate. There is no guarantee foods will be available at any given time
- Monthly Survey Schedule 2015-2106
- Frequently Asked Questions About USDA Foods
- USDA Website Information
- SY2015-16 USDA Foods Available
USDA publishes a list of available Foods for each school year. Please note that the foods expected to be available for NSLP schools, other Child Nutrition programs, and NSIP/AAA participants during a given school year or fiscal year may change later in the year depending on market conditions, demand, and price. Each school district should check with its State Distributing Agency to ensure the availability of a certain USDA Foods, allocation for group A foods designating specific availability, outlet, and entitlement or bonus status.
- USDA White Paper (External Link)
USDA has developed a “White Paper” providing an overview of the USDA School Food Program. It addresses basic information about legislative authorities, funding sources, product quality, and Food purchases and deliveries.
- USDA Food Fact Sheets (External Link)
This page provides links to the newly formatted and updated USDA Foods Fact Sheets developed for USDA Foods expected to be available for schools and institutions participating in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). The fact sheet now provides food safety guidance and expanded nutrient data that are key to planning healthy school meals that support the Dietary Guidelines and MyPyramid recommendations. For each "Food Category" users may view and print individual fact sheets or all fact sheets that
are arranged either alphabetically by USDA Food title or numerically by USDA Food code.
- USDA Recipes for Schools (External Link)
These updated recipes from the 1988 Quantity Recipes for School Food Service and the 1995 Tool Kit for Healthy School Meals reflect the changes made in the newest edition of the Food Buying Guide for Child Nutrition Programs. Revised recipes have been standardized, edited for consistency, and updated with Critical Control Point (CCP) information from the 2003 Food Code supplement. At present, the recipes are available only on the Web--from NFSMI, Healthy School Meals Resource System, and Team Nutrition. The recipes are scheduled for distribution to School Food Authorities on CD-ROM during Summer 2006 by USDA/FNS.
Food safety information is based on the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2001 Food Code as supplemented in 2003. The 2003 Food Code supplement dropped the hot holding temperature from 140 °F to 135 °F. Always check your State or local health codes to determine if they are more restrictive.