Parent Involvement Policy?
- Are parents given equal opportunity to input their ideas? Are they
a part of the creation of the policy, or do you just show them the final
- Do you ask parents to evaluate the policy’s effectiveness each year?
To apply it to the past school year and what actually happened in their
- Do you ask parents to come up with new, better ideas to add to the
plan? Do you ask them to help you get rid of what’s not working?
- How do you measure its worth? Are parents involved in this process?
- Are there elements of how parents can enhance learning at home? Do
parents agree or actually follow through with these ideas? Do you ask
them why they don’t or get new ideas on how they do?
Annual Parent Meeting?
- Is there two-way communication at this meeting, or is it the teacher
telling the parents about the program?
- Do you involve parents in the agenda? Do you try to get ideas from
them on what this meeting should involve?
Assessment of Parent Involvement?
- Do you discuss the assessment with parents? Or do you, for example,
just read what the parents have said and do as you wish?
- Do parents play an equal role in assessing their involvement?